Thursday, August 6th – Sunday, August 9th, 2015
The Summit Bechtel Reserve – Jean, West Virginia
Grey Reeves, Walker Reeves, Jackson Reeves, Amir Watkins, MIchael Martin, Andrew Jones, Seth McGuffin, and Cary Dozier.
Thursday, August 6th – We will meet at Harrison UMC around 2pm and trying to depart no later than 2:30pm. You will need Class “A” and Class “B” shirts for this weekend. We will travel in Class “B” but take Class “A” along with us for flag ceremonies and meals. We will be stopping for dinner before we arrive at the Summit.
Sunday, August 9th – We will arrive back to Harrison UMC around 1pm. Please have someone there to retrieve your Scout upon arrival. If we are running late or arriving earlier we will call in route. We will stop for breakfast or lunch on the way home too.
- Tents – NO hammocks will not have anywhere to put these on this trip (no trees in site)
- Cots or pads, if desired
- Clothing, including swim attire
- Sleeping bag
- Two pairs of shoes (one for water activities) – no open toed shoes
- Class “A” and “B” uniform
- Rain gear
- Water Bottles
- Any other personal gear you might need or want for the trip
- Money for food going and coming
- Money for souvenirs from the trading post or snacks during the day or evening
Each participant will need to sign the waiver request from the Summit in full (total of 5 pages). You will need to go to the following website, print it out, and signed by your parents and then bring it along with you on Thursday.
We will also need medical forms part A & B from each participant. If you attended Summer Camp last month, we have yours. If you did not you will need to bring in parts A and B with you on Thursday.